I was born in 1978 in Perugia (Italy). I received the University Degree (Laurea) in Electronic Engineering from the University of Perugia (Italy) in 2004 and the Ph.D. in Robotics from University of Genova (Italy) in 2008. In December 2008 I received the diploma for the Executive Master in Management of Innovation and Services at SIAF (Volterra, Pisa).
I'm Post-Doc research scientist at Biorobotics Institute of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna of Pisa where I was involved in EU funded and Italian research projects. My research interests are in the fields of tactile sensors, artificial sensing skin, biomechatronics, human-machine interfaces. I developed optoelectronic pressure sensors to be used as human-machine interfaces.
Currently I cover a Post-doc Fellow position at the BioRobotics Institute of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (SSSA) in Pisa assisting the Industrial Research and Development (IRD) Group of SSSA leaded by Maria Chiara Carrozza and Stefano Roccella.
Papers on International Journals:
- M. Donati, N. Vitiello, S.M.M. De Rossi, T. Lenzi, S. Crea, A. Persichetti, F. Giovacchini, B. Koopman, J. Podobnik, M. Munih, M.C. Carrozza – “A flexible sensor technology for the distributed measure of interaction pressure” – Sensors 2013, 13(1), 1021-1045.
- T. Lenzi, N. Vitiello, S.M.M. De Rossi, A. Persichetti, F. Giovacchini, S. Roccella, F. Vecchi, M.C. Carrozza, “Measuring Human-Robot Interaction on Wearable Robots: a Distributed Approach”, Mechatronics, vol. 21(6), pp.: 1123-1131, 2011.
- S.M.M. De Rossi, N. Vitiello, T. Lenzi, R. Ronsse, B. Koopman, A. Persichetti, F. Vecchi, A.J. Ijspeert, H. van der Kooij, M.C. Carrozza, “Sensing pressure distribution on a Lower-Limb Exoskeleton Physical Human-Machine Interface”, Sensors, vol. 11(1), pp. 207-227, 2010.
- M. C. Carrozza, A. Persichetti, C. Laschi, F. Vecchi, Member, R. Lazzarini, P. Vacalebri, P. Dario, “A Wearable Biomechatronic Interface for Controlling Robots with Voluntary Foot Movements”, Mechatronics, IEEE/ASME Transactions on. Volume 12, Issue 1, Feb. 2007 Page(s):1 – 11.
Proceedings of International scientific conferences:
- S.M.M. De Rossi, T. Lenzi, N. Vitiello, A. Persichetti, F. Vecchi, S. Roccella, M.C. Carrozza, R. Ronsse, B. Koopman, E.H.F. van Asseldonk, H. van der Kooij, J. van den Kieboom, A.J. Ijspeert, Flexible Assistive Robots through AFO-based Intention Detection, fet11 Conference, May 4-6, 2011, Budapest, Hungary.
- N. Vitiello, T. Lenzi, S.M.M. De Rossi, A. Persichetti, F. Vecchi, S. Roccella, M.C. Carrozza, “Wearable Exoskeletons: a design and control paradigm”, Workshop on Future Trends in Rehabilitation Robotics, BIOROB, September 26, 2010.
- A. Persichetti, F. Vecchi, N. Vitiello, T. Lenzi, M. C. Carrozza, “Skilsens: conformant and robust sensing skin”, Worskhop on "Tactile sensing" @ Humanoids 2009.
- A. Persichetti, F. Vecchi, M. C. Carrozza, “Optoelectronic-based flexible contact sensor for robot finger application”, Rehabilitation Robotics, 2007. ICORR 2007. 10th International Conference on. June 13-15. Accepted.
- M.C. Carrozza, E. Cattin, S. Roccella, I. Sardellitti, P. Vacalebri, C. Eder, M. Aquilano, N. Vitiello, A. Persichetti, F. Vecchi, P. Dario, "Towards the development of advanced exoskeletons for supporting the human activities", in Proc. of 9th ESA Workshop on Advanced Space Technologies for Robotics and Automation (ASTRA 2006), ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 28-30 November 2006, accepted.
- M. C. Carrozza, A. Persichetti, C. Laschi, F. Vecchi, P. Vacalebri, V. Tamburrelli, R. Lazzarini, P. Dario, “A Novel Wearable Interface for Robotic Hand Prostheses”, Rehabilitation Robotics, 2005. ICORR 2005. 9th International Conference on June 28-July 1, 2005 Page(s):109 – 112.
- M. C. Carrozza, A. Persichetti, C. Laschi, F. Vecchi, P. Vacalebri, V. Tamburrelli, R. Lazzarini, P. Dario, “A Novel Wearable Foot Interface for Controlling Robotic Hands”, Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2005. IROS 2005. International Conference on August 2-6, 2005 Page(s): 3437-3442.